Introducing Sina Poureshagh
In today’s episode, we’ll be talking to Sina, the owner of Iran Vegan Travel. Iran Vegan Travel is a tour operator you need to know about. Tours are run by accredited tour guide Sina and take vegans and the vegan-curious around the country of Iran! Doesn’t that blow your mind, that there there is a vegan tour operator in a country like Iran?
I will freely admit, that I do not know much about Iran. Seb had a two-week visit there in the early 2000s and he would love to go back, and after listening to Sina talk today, I really would like to visit too. In this episode, you will find out about five reasons why Iran should be on your bucket list. From trying the Persian food that is actually really vegan-friendly depending on where you eat, the incredible natural and varied landscapes, and also the amazing diversity. We’ll even talk about safety. We really hope you enjoy this episode.
So, head over and check out Iran Vegan Travel and add Iran to your bucket list too.
- 7:42 Let’s meet Sina
- 10:47 Is Iran vegan-friendly?
- 14:13 Iran’s vegan traditions
- 17:03 Rich history and culture
- 26:11 Diverse landscapes
- 29:10 Iran is a safe place to visit
- 36:21 What are Iran Vegan Tours like?
Learn more about what we talk about
- Iran Vegan Travel
- What It’s Like to Go Vegan in Iran
- History of Vegetarianism -Zoroaster (?628-?551)
- Mazdak – Wikipedia
- International Day of Nowruz – UNESCO
- Meidan Emam, Esfahan – UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Iran (the Islamic Republic of) – UNESCO World Heritage
- Zoroastrian festivals – Wikipedia
- Ethnicities in Iran
- Iran Travel, Tourism and Touring Organization
Other World Vegan Travel content connected with this episode
- Best Vegan City Food Tours – North America (US, Canada, and Mexico)
- S4 Ep2 Namibia – The Safari Destination You Need To Know About | JC De Klerk
- Best Vegan City Food Tours – Europe
- S 2 Ep 8 | Pros and Cons of Group Travel | Kim Giovacco
- # 9 | Choosing group travel is a real vacation | Tina Atwell