Introducing Dr. Yami
In today’s episode, we’ll be talking to Dr. Yami and Dr. Yami is going to be sharing her advice for safe and healthy travel.
Dr. Yami is a board-certified pediatrician, certified lifestyle medicine physician, national board-certified health and wellness coach, author, podcast host, and professional speaker. A passionate promoter of healthy lifestyles, especially the power of plant-based diets for the prevention of chronic disease, she founded VeggieFitKids.com where she provides information on plant-based diets for children. She also hosts the podcast Veggie Doctor Radio.
She obtained a certificate in plant-based nutrition, is a certified Food for Life Instructor, and a Jack Canfield Success Principles Certified Trainer.
She is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a diplomate of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. Dr. Yami owns Nourish Wellness, a pediatric micro-practice in Yakima, WA where she lives with her husband and two active sons.
Her book is entitled “A Parent’s Guide to Intuitive Eating: How to Raise Kids Who Love to Eat Healthy”. So, some astute listeners will know that we had an episode on this topic over a year ago with the amazing Tess Challis which I will link to in the shownotes, but this episode will be from a slightly different perspective which is of course from an MD’s perspective. Dr. Yami is going to be sharing her tips to prevent medical issues from popping up and of course, ways to look after our health when we travel so that we can assure we can enjoy our holiday to the max.
- 5:50 Introducing Dr. Yami
- 9:52 Principles of staying healthy when traveling
- 24:29 Using the CDC to inform our health and safety
- 34:54 What’s in Dr. Yami’s medical kit for travel
Learn more about what we talk about
Other World Vegan Travel content connected with this episode
- S2 Ep 14 | 17 Travel Apps You Don’t Know About | Brighde Reed
- S2 Ep 13 | Travel that Helps (and Hinders) our Mental Health | Clare Mann
- S 2 Ep 9 | Travel and Creativity | Dana Roberts – Wild We Roam
- S2 Ep 3 | Staying Healthy While Traveling | Tess Challis